Internal Medicine Jobs in Indiana
Saturday · April 20, 2019
1 Job in The Hoosier State
Photo: Lucas Oil Stadium viewed from across the White River.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Muskegon) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- The Primary Care physician is responsible for the medical care of patients at the Muskegon, MI, Cboc.
- CME benefits.
- Disability Retirement.
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Muskegon, MI.
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Primary Care Physician, IM/FM.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- How is the pension funded?
- Primary Care is delivered longitudinally in keeping with the patient values for health care with the involvement of the patient and his/her caregivers and support systems.
- The medical practitioner will ensure practice-based learning and improvement, and he/she will be expected to be able to use scientific evidence and methods to investigate, evaluate, and improve patient care.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits ( pension ).
- Full benefits (see below).
- Job responsibilities include direct patient care, midlevel provider supervision, support and education, and meaningful participation in team meetings and individual patient staff conferences.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- The Medical Practitioner is expected to demonstrate both an understanding of the context and systems in which health care is provided, and the ability.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- The Medical Practitioner is expected to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills, and behaviors that reflect a commitment to continuous professional development, ethical practice, and understanding and sensitivity to diversity.
- Muskegon, MI, VA Out Patient Clinic.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- The medical practitioner is expected to demonstrate knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical and social sciences and the application of their knowledge to patient care and the education of others.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any United States State is permissible to work at these facilities.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- No physician employment contracts!
- Other duties may include providing high quality patient centered care to veterans under the different GEC programs.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay.
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Feb 16.