Internal Medicine Jobs in Indiana
Monday · August 19, 2019
1 Job in The Hoosier State
Photo: Lucas Oil Stadium viewed from across the White River.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Muskegon) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- 10 Federal holidays with pay.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
- Job responsibilities include direct patient care, midlevel provider supervision, support and education, and meaningful participation in team meetings and individual patient staff conferences.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits ( pension ).
- Primary Care is delivered longitudinally in keeping with the patient values for health care with the involvement of the patient and his/her caregivers and support systems.
- Muskegon, MI, VA Out Patient Clinic.
- The Medical Practitioner is expected to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills, and behaviors that reflect a commitment to continuous professional development, ethical practice, and understanding and sensitivity to diversity.
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any United States State is permissible to work at these facilities.
- CME benefits.
- The medical practitioner is expected to demonstrate knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical and social sciences and the application of their knowledge to patient care and the education of others.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- The medical practitioner will ensure practice-based learning and improvement, and he/she will be expected to be able to use scientific evidence and methods to investigate, evaluate, and improve patient care.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Muskegon, MI.
- Other duties may include providing high quality patient centered care to veterans under the different GEC programs.
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- No physician employment contracts!
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- The Medical Practitioner is expected to demonstrate both an understanding of the context and systems in which health care is provided, and the ability.
- How is the pension funded?
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below).
- Disability Retirement.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Primary Care Physician, IM/FM.
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- The Primary Care physician is responsible for the medical care of patients at the Muskegon, MI, Cboc.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Feb 16.