Internal Medicine Jobs in Indiana
Friday · July 20, 2018
1 Job in The Hoosier State
Photo: Lucas Oil Stadium viewed from across the White River.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Mishawaka/Plymouth) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- They must function in a collegial relationship with the other health care professionals, making independent decisions regarding medical needs and health regimens while carrying out medical procedures as indicated.
- The physician must possess effective skills in physical assessment and chronic disease management for frail older adults and the desire to work in a creative alternate health care setting while managing changing priorities according to participant needs.
- Educate participants and families regarding health maintenance and their chronic medical conditions, in cooperation with nursing staff.
- Provide preventative health care and health promotion for Saint Joseph Pace participants.
- The physician will provide primary medical care to Saint Joseph Pace participants, including assessment, developing a plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, provision of direct participant medical care, and evaluation of effectiveness of the plan of care.
- Candidates must be Board Certified or Board eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, be eligible to practice medicine in the State of Indiana and possess DEA registration.
- Maintain an active role in the interdisciplinary team process.
- While all Pace participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in Pace, only about 7 percent of Pace participants nationally reside in a nursing home.
- Provide initial and ongoing participant assessments, care plan development, and implementation of care plan.
- Additional requirements include a minimum of one year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population, an interest in frail older adults and knowledge of their physical, mental, and social needs.
- This is an exciting opportunity for the right Geriatric Medicine physician to be part of Saint Joseph Health System.
- Preference will be shown to experienced candidates who possess an Added Qualification in Geriatric Medicine.
- Perform physical examinations, order and evaluate appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests, and record results in a systematic manner.
- The selected provider will report to the Medical Director with administrative supervision of this opportunity overseen by the Executive Director.
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team and participate in the development of the comprehensive plan of care and ongoing monitoring of the participant's health status.
- However, candidates who possess experience working with frail or elderly population are encouraged.
- Saint Joseph Pace has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician who possess experience in Geriatric Medicine to join a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (Pace) located in Mishawaka, Indiana.
- The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (Pace) model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible.
- Pace serves individuals who are aged 55 or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment and live in a Pace service area.
- If a Pace enrollee needs nursing home care, the Pace program pays for it and continues to coordinate the enrollee's care.
- Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, Pace is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic needs while maintaining their independence in their home for as long as possible.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Mishawaka/Plymouth, IN.
- Saint Joseph Pace provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago