Internal Medicine Jobs in Indiana
Tuesday · April 24, 2018
1 Job in The Hoosier State
Photo: Lucas Oil Stadium viewed from across the White River.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Iron Mountain) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Ogjvamc currently supports telehealth for primary medical care and over 30 specialty care areas, including many of the services noted above.
- Ogjvamc employs 679 staff at its main facility and Cbocs, including 98 providers of which 39 are licensed physicians, 222 nurses, and 62 mental health professionals that provide primary and selected secondary health care.
- Want some beautiful water scenery?
- Ogjvamc has one of the largest geographic patient service area east of the Mississippi River, encompassing fifteen Michigan counties and ten counties in northeastern Wisconsin.
- Board Certification is preferred.
- Ogjvamc provides ambulatory and acute health care in areas of audiology, diabetes, dentistry, ear/nose/throat (ENT), geriatrics and extended care, general medicine, home-based primary care, mental health, neurology, oncology, optometry/ophthalmology, orthopedics, palliative/hospice, physical and occupational therapy, prosthetics, podiatry, post-traumatic stress disorder (Ptsd), psychiatry, radiology, sleep studies, speech, spinal cord injury (SCI), substance abuse, surgery, urology, weight management, and women's wellness.
- Forest areas offer great bird, small game, bear and deer hunting.
- Telehealth has greatly improved access to specialty care for rural Veterans by bringing these services closer to the Veterans' homes.
- Ogjvamc is a leader in rural health care delivery in VHA, and employs state-of-the-art telehealth audio visual technology.
- Ogjvamc and its Cbocs /Rural Outreach Clinic annually serve 20,000 Veterans.
- It is home to approximately 55,000 Veterans, over 26,000 of whom are enrolled in VA's health care system.
- Nationally rated golf courses and 2 great ski resorts offer something for everyone all year round.
- The Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center (Ogjvamc) is located at Iron Mountain, MI, in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- Fumee Lake Natural Area and other area trails, have miles of trails to enjoy scenic views, wild life and flowers.
- Insurance - Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Term Life and long-term care.
- Providers in the VA can utilize any State License to practice at any VA facility nationally).
- Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
- There are more than 300 falls scattered across the U.P., ranging in size from under 5 feet to 48+ feet vertical drops.
- Waterways for canoe, kayak, whitewater rafting, boating and fishing.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Iron Mountain, MI.
- Federal retirement plan.
- It also operates a Rural Health Outreach Clinic in Manistique, MI.
- MD or DO Degree.
- Paid Time Off - 26 Personal Time Off days, 13 sick days, 10 Federal holidays and 5 CME days.
- Ogjvamc also provides rehabilitation and extended care, including palliative and hospice care, in its 40-bed Community Living Center.
- The main facility has an Urgent Care Center, and collaborates with larger VA Medical Centers in Milwaukee and Madison, WI, as well as local community health facilities to provide higher-level emergency and specialty care services.
- With an abundance of wilderness, lakes and rivers, events and attractions, your family will find its "home away from home". The U.P. is home to all but one of Michigan's waterfalls.
- Full Unrestricted License to practice in any United States State (One license / 50 States.
- Marie, and Menominee, MI, and Rhinelander, WI.
- To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
- The Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center in beautiful Iron Mountain Michigan has an opportunity for a Chief of Primary Care.
- Welcome to the 51st State.
- In Iron Mountain, in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula, you will discover the hidden treasures of the great outdoors and realize why it is called God's country.
- Looking to soak up the local scenery?
- Miles of trails for both silent and motor sport enthusiasts to bike, hike, cross country ski, ATV and snowmobile.
- Ogjvamc is a primary and secondary level care facility with 17 acute care, general medicine beds.
- Excellent work / life balance.
- The facility oversees six Community Based Outpatient Clinics (Cbocs) located in Ironwood, Hancock, Marquette, Sault Ste.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago